Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sidewalk Chalk Paint

Several weeks ago we made paint out of old pieces of chalk.  It was actually quite easy and very fun!  I took all of the busted up pieces we had, put them into a plastic baggie and hammered them into a fine powdery substance.  Then I put the broken up bits into a little container and added water until I thought the consistency was about right.  It is possible that I enjoyed this project more than the boys did.  I loved how vibrant the colors were and if I had more time on my hands, I might have painted the sidewalk all the way down to the mailbox.  ;)  

sponges and sponge brushes worked MUCH better than paint brushes

goes on watery and dries totally awesome


seriously I loved watching the colors develop as it dried...too cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment