Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Weekend in TX

The first weekend in November was a fantastic weekend!! One of my best friends in the entire world got married.  :)  It was an honor and a privilege to stand beside her as she married her best friend.  The Mr. wasn't able to make the trip back to TX this time, so we made it a girls trip instead.  The Mr. got to stay home with his boys for a long weekend and they had a wonderful time!!  Little Miss E did so great on the flight.  She got to meet all of her Great-Grandparents, which was one of the things that was most important to me.  

Little Miss E was not supposed to attend the wedding with me but after refusing the bottle and having a very rough time while I was gone to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, we decided she needed to be where I was.  On the day of Brooke's wedding Little Miss was absolutely perfect.  She got to spend her time with my wonderful Sister-in-Law and was just as happy as she could be.  I have determined that she is quite the particular little girl.  I pray that she is as particular in boys/men when she is older!  

Her Great, Great Uncle!

Great Grandparents!! I love these two.  :)

Great-MaMaw


with the most awesome 15 year-old girl I know!!!

Jess, one of my favorite people in this world! 
EK with her Great-Grandmother

Great-Grandmother and EK



I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to spend time with my Grandparents.  Big Brother is the only one who got to meet all 6 of my grandparents and I treasure the photos that I have of him with my grandfathers that are no longer with us.  Each time I visit my grandparents, I find myself asking them more questions.  I want to know about their lives, where they came from, how they met their spouses, etc.  I want to be able to tell my children about their history one day and tell them how wonderful each of their grandparents are/were.  I am so blessed to have had nearly 30 years with my grandparents!!!  

I didn't take that many photos during our trip home this past time.  I hope to do a better job of documenting our next trip!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment