Thursday, October 13, 2011

One Month Old

I am really not sure how it happened so fast, but Baby Sister is a month old already.  A couple of nights ago as we were getting ready to go to bed, I looked up at Jeff and said, "Isn't it amazing how when I had 5 weeks left to go in the pregnancy that it seemed like a long time, but now Baby Girl is 5 weeks old and it has flown by in the blink of an eye."  These moments with our newborn are fleeting.  She is growing up faster and faster every day.  There might be 24 hours in a day and some of my days as a stay at home mom try every ounce of patience in my body but somehow the long hours quickly turn into days which quickly turn into weeks, months and years.  

Baby Sister is such a sweet girl.  She is a great sleeper (for a newborn) and usually is just up one time at night.  She has been that way since we came home from the hospital!  When I say she is only up once at night, that is once after I go to bed.  Jeff and I usually stay up until about 11.  She takes her last feeding between 10 and 10:30 and usually doesn't start to stir until around 3 or 4AM.  Then she goes back to sleep until around 7 or 8.  She really only cries when she is overly tired or when she gets into the car seat.  She refuses to take a pacifier and really loves to be held all day long.  

The boys adore their baby sister.  They check on her all the time, let me know when she is crying, cover her with blankets, show her her toys and offer help whenever they can.  Little Brother loves to kiss her, hold her and try to play with her.  Big Brother asks me almost daily if she has gotten bigger so they can play!  I am excited to watch their relationship with her grow through the years.  

Adjusting to life with three little ones has been easier than I anticipated.  That is not saying that it has been easy, but rather just not quite as difficult as I thought it could be.  I am letting a lot of things slide (like laundry and cooking) and the kids have probably watched more tv than normal but I figure in a month or two we will find our new normal routine and those little things will no longer be issues.  

Sweet baby girl we are so in love with you!  We are so incredibly blessed to have you in our lives and cannot wait to see what this world has in store for you!  

I bought these great monthly stickers from Etsy.  I plan to do monthly pictures of baby girl in this same chair.  





some pictures from our first few weeks with baby girl...



just a couple minutes old, getting warm with Mommy

there has been a lot of this 
and a lot of this too


2 comments:

  1. OMG she makes everyone look so good in the pics. She is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is just adorable and I {heart} the yawning photo!

    ReplyDelete