Monday, October 3, 2011

Talks With a 3 Year-Old

One of my favorite things to do lately is have conversations with Big Brother.  We talk about anything and everything and a lot about poop and toots (he is 3 and a boy after all).  I could blog so many of our conversations but will go with a few highlights that I don't want to forget instead.

Me:  So what do you want to be for Halloween?  You know, you can dress up like anyone on Halloween.
Him:  I don't want to dress up for Halloween.  I just want to be Ryan.  I like being Ryan.

He has since decided that it is worth it to dress up for candy.  So he wants to be Bob the Builder or Lightning McQueen.  I am still holding out hope for the super hero since we have some really cute capes for the boys already!!

A dinner conversation:
Me:  What is your favorite animal?
Him: A shark!
Me:  Where do sharks live?
Him: In Africa.
Me:  Where is Africa?
Him:  At Mickey Park ...in Florida.  Mickey Park is really, really far away.  We have to drive there.  They have Penguins too.  Penguins live in the snow.  When they get hungry they go get fish in theri bellies then go back to their home sweet homes.
Me:  You are right!  (Then I pick up a blue crayon).
Him: That's azul!  (he points to green) and that's verde.
Me:  Where did you learn that?
Him:  In spanish class, at school Mommy.

He's growing up, more and more every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment